Sherwin Construction © All Rights Reserved
Contract vendors such as yourself and the passion you have in supporting us as a company is something we value highly.
Sherwin Construction had finished the building early in January 2011, which was just over 3 months to construct. The communication between the two parties were second to none...
We would not hesitate in recommending Sherwin Construction to anybody who wanted to build a new home.
Terry & Carol Antipas
5 Twin Lakes Rd
Upper Hutt 5018
Contact us now for a no obligation free consultation
04 526 9092 :: 027 206 3493
Stop Land Erosion with Elastocast®
Erosion Works Gallery
Solutions to your Coastal and Waterway erosion problems
Elastocoast® aggregate structures are an innovative form of coastal erosion protection, formed using a clear polyurethane plastic binder mixed with stone aggregate. The binder adheres the stone aggregate together, resulting in large, porous, very stable structures.
The binder used in Elastocoast® aggregate structures was developed by the world’s leading chemical company, BASF.
The technology is in use throughout Europe for coastal and waterway protection works.
Here in New Zealand, a trial site established on an eroding section of the Waiwhetu Stream in Lower Hutt, is showing extremely promising results.
Further examples of Elastocoast® aggregate structures in use as an alternative to conventional gabion basket treatments for land slips, in sample patches of various aggregate substrates, and even in experimental sculptural use of the materials, have been established on a dry land site in Upper Hutt.
Erosion Solutions NZ are proud to be the only NZ provider of this product.
Feel free to visit our trial sites at the Waiwhetu stream, near 1A Parkside Road, Seaview (note that low tide provides the best view) and in Upper Hutt, at 5 Twin Lakes Road, Te Marua.
We would be very happy to discuss your erosion problems, and to offer an aesthetically pleasing yet durable solution for your consideration.
Benefits of Elastocoast® aggregate structures:
- Elastocoast® aggregate structures provide superb protection against wave impact. The ability to maintain uneven surfaces allows wave energy to be cushioned and absorbed.
- Due to the relatively small amount of bonding agent used, Elastocoast® aggregate structures are porous, allowing waves to dissipate safely.
- Elastocoast® is resistant to freeze / thaw cycles.
- Structures can be loaded immediately after installation.
- Elastocoast® is environmentally compatible, with test sites showing vegetation growth typical to the site prior to building, including sites under water.
- Elastocoast® has no negative effects on the aquatic environment.
- Accelerated tests indicate a lifetime expectation of well over 50 years in fresh or salt water.
- Elastocoast® is classed as completely safe in the European Waste Catalogue. At the end of its useful life it is able to be re-
used (eg. in roading and pathways).
- Elastocoast® aggregate structures retain the natural look of the aggregates they are made from, supporting a wide range of landscaping aesthetic choices.
- Elastocoast® aggregate structures can be cast into Gabion basket forms and anchored using threaded galvanised rods (below right), avoiding the ugly wire basketwork that can corrode over time.
Local government storm water management (site coverage) regulations are increasingly limiting the amount of impermeable surfaces allowed on sites. However, the binding properties of Elastocoast® mean that smaller aggregates can be used, suitable for creating permeable drives and pathways.
Culvert protection, Waiwhetu Stream. Before (left) and after (right).
Most of the work is submerged except at low tide.
Strength and versatility
The technology in use for coastal protection, the Netherlands.
Porous, stable, structures.
Elastocoast® aggregate structures can be cast into Gabion basket forms and anchored using threaded galvanised rods